Note: pictures will not be displayed properly if your display resolution is not at least 1280x960

Monday, January 12, 2009

Counting the 2008 Clad - a nice little surprise

Well since the weather has been so cold and since I haven't counted my clad for the year I started the counting.

As I'm sorting it Nate comes down and I told him I found a couple wheat pennies in my clad. He tells me he is not surprised and comments about how there probably is a silver dime in with my clad. He tells me this because we have been fooled before – a “black” or “red” dime turns out to be silver. Well he starts poking through my clad when he spots something fishy. He rubs some of the red off and sure enough a 1917S Merc!

Photobucket

You can see from the back why I probably thought it was a clad dime by the color of it:

Photobucket

Clad totals for the year were down slightly but still were close to last years. I came close to $70 this year whereas last year I got around $77.

Photobucket

No comments: