Note: pictures will not be displayed properly if your display resolution is not at least 1280x960

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sweet Seated Dime!

Thursday after work I hit the grist mill site.
Targets were getting scarce in closer to the mill foundation so I started working areas I have not detected much. Ended up finding a wheat penny and then hit this beautiful seated dime:

Photobucket

It was not very deep at all. The area where it was found:
Photobucket

Since Nate had a test the next day I didn't want him “distracted” and refrained from telling him about the coin. Well after his test the next day Nate heads down to the site.
Photobucket

Didn't take him long and he pulled a Large Cent:
PhotobucketPhotobucket

So he comes home and proudly declares to me that he found a Large Cent. Not to be outdone I whip out the seated dime. I love the look of disbelief he gives me in these moments!
Photobucket

A couple other hunts produced my first shield nickel.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Date is very hard to make out.
Photobucket

An old flat button:
Photobucket

Misc Stuff:
Photobucket