Note: pictures will not be displayed properly if your display resolution is not at least 1280x960

Friday, September 3, 2010

Lawrence Mill Finds Hunt #1

During the Summer I had found a Mercury Dime in an open grassy part of the metroparks. It was close to the wooded area I knew had the old grist mill and
Dorvak home. Since the weather was cooling down and I wanted to see if I could find an old relic or two I wandered into the woods. I just looked for some
open areas to swing the coil.

Photobucket

As you can see from the pictures some of the spots are not huntable at this time. I found some open area and not too long into the hunt I got a great signal.

Photobucket

I was surprised to find a Barber Quarter.
A few feet away I got another good
signal and the 1897 IH came out of the ground.
Photobucket

Then I started digging all types of signals. I found pull tabs and misc junk and what I thought at the time was a gear turned out to be a bent up token.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket