Note: pictures will not be displayed properly if your display resolution is not at least 1280x960

Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers Day hunt - Barber & IH

With Rachel’s graduation party off my back I was free to do some detecting. I headed out to a spot that usually has plenty of people but I was hoping that by going early I wouldn’t find them here. No luck. I didn’t have a plan B but came up with one after considering my wearabouts and options. Plan B turns into a wild goose chase. No map in the car, in an unfamiliar part of town, bridge out with major detour, etc. Couldn’t find where I wanted to go so I stop at a school ballfield I have never been to. Didn’t find much so on to Plan C. Plan C turned out to be a good one. Just a park Nate and I have hit many times. I used the small coil and went slow. I was rewarded with several decent keepers:

Photobucket


The site that I picked up the barber dime and IH contained a lot of rusted away beer cans:

Photobucket

Some other quick hunts:
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: