Note: pictures will not be displayed properly if your display resolution is not at least 1280x960

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Grist Mill Hunt #2 Labor Day

Labor Day was nice weather and our family really didn't have anything planned so later in the day I went out detecting for an hour. I started in the area where I found the Barber Quarter. I got an old ford key.
Photobucket

I widened my area and found an area with a bunch of signals.

Photobucket

Knowing if there were a bunch of signals encouraged me that there had to something good yet to be found. Sure enough after kicking a small log out of the way I got a solid signal. There were lots of roots to dig through and the coin was deep. When I dug up the 1846 Large Cent I said to myself “Sweet!”.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is part of what remains of what was built in 1832. These stones are still in place although the under the road tunnel has been filled in.
Photobucket