Note: pictures will not be displayed properly if your display resolution is not at least 1280x960

Monday, April 6, 2009

13 more Silver from the Berg

Saturday Nate and I spent about 4 hours at the Berg. It had rained good a couple days ago which made the ground almost perfect for detecting. We were digging up some really deep coins and you had to go slow to pick some of them up.
It took a bit getting going but Nate found the first silver coin of the day with a SLQ. He was very happy. A little while later I had a silver rosie. After that the silver coins were popping up regularly every 20 minutes or so. Ended up with a good take:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also found a cool token and a key to a ford Mustang.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Nate made some nice finds:

Photobucket

Near the end of our detecting time Nate came over to me asking if he could borrow the skinny digger I was using because there was a “good sounding target” underneath a big root. He came back 10 minutes later with the barber dime.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Of all the finds my favorite for the day was the Save-4-Store token. The silver is nice but after the 3rd silver rosie you really want older stuff. I tried to look up some info on the token but didn’t find anything immediately so I’ll have to search some more.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

SilverGoldBull is a highly reputable silver & gold dealer. They will provide you with bargain, up-to-minute prices and they will guarantee your bullion is delivered to your door discreetly and fully insured.